Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

Another economics talk?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Another economics talk?

Post by Wheeind on Sun May 27, 2012 11:00 am

I agree with Blaze. A stagnant price list will never work and prices change too fast to ever keep it updated. Not worth the effort, people should just call it as they see it and I'm sure anyone who asks around can be given a ballpark estimate on the worth of things once another week or two pass and we see what's going on.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My avatar is now an owlvatar.

"That was Hearthfire citizens and I hate them all." - superscope1 (this message was approved by scope, no propaganda involved)
Wheeind
SMP Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Sun May 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Wheeind wrote:I agree with Blaze. A stagnant price list will never work and prices change too fast to ever keep it updated. Not worth the effort, people should just call it as they see it and I'm sure anyone who asks around can be given a ballpark estimate on the worth of things once another week or two pass and we see what's going on.
Pretty much. Part of the reason why I said people will charge higher or lower than those prices for a given time. It is an ok idea in some respects, however, for helping to decide on a somewhat fair price for trading items. I know every time we do business we're both hopeless at deciding a fair price, and a basing point to start from wouldn't be a bad thing.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by n008i3 on Sun May 27, 2012 7:19 pm

Well Blaze we could start a Federal Reserve ;)... But I do think that a list of items in game ranking them in value, without giving them specific prices would be good. That way we could at least know what is worth more than what. Just an idea.

n008i3
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by HereticalPsycho on Mon May 28, 2012 4:04 pm

Solid points all round.

Nothing that we set up could ever function as an accurate or permanent setup, however as a ball park figure it might be ok. What worries me about having one is that it will ruin our ability to change prices as we like. Who would willingly charge less than the ballpark figure we have listed?

Just seems like it could do some good and some bad, I'd hate to have it written up then have us all wish it wasn't
HereticalPsycho
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Mon May 28, 2012 4:27 pm

HereticalPsycho wrote:Solid points all round.

Nothing that we set up could ever function as an accurate or permanent setup, however as a ball park figure it might be ok. What worries me about having one is that it will ruin our ability to change prices as we like. Who would willingly charge less than the ballpark figure we have listed?

Just seems like it could do some good and some bad, I'd hate to have it written up then have us all wish it wasn't
I think it would become somewhat like the old map Diamond to Iron conversion, which was generally accepted as 10 or 11 iron for 1 diamond. Some chose to sell for more if they wanted to keep their diamonds, or wanted a higher price - I believe Wind sold his for 12 to 13 Iron per diamond - whilst others sold for less as they just wanted to sell their diamonds, or were unconcerned with iron.

Likewise, undercutting the ballpark figure would be a good way to get business - especially if everyone else is charging over it. Lower prices and you get more customers and all that. It would be interesting to see how it turned out at the very least.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by HereticalPsycho on Tue May 29, 2012 5:22 am

And we could always burn the Heretics... i mean Ball park figure if it doesn't work
HereticalPsycho
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum