» Help Wanted: Blueprints & Buildings
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am by Assasin_Frost

» Introducing: Sol, the Official Currency of Dawnfire
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm by BlazeZeroThree

Snipe Arena now OPEN!!!

Go down

Snipe Arena now OPEN!!!

Post by SelectorOfSouls on Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:56 pm

Ladies and gentlemen... We now have a snipe arena in the dawn of time. The rules are at the arena, but I will also post them below in greater detail. The warp is "/warp SnipeArena"

NOTE: You will need to bring your own bow and arrows.

RULES:
1. ONLY bows, arrows, food (if agreed upon by a majority of the combatants), and armor (if agreed upon by a majority of the combatants).
2. Do NOT left click while inside the arena. (This means no fist fighting, hitting with bows, or hitting with arrows. You also may not hit with food.)
3. You may NOT place or destroy any blocks while inside the arena. Violation of this will be considered as griefing.
4. The last man (or team) standing wins.

Have fun!

Last edited by SelectorOfSouls on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : warp added)

SelectorOfSouls
Regular

Back to top Go down

Re: Snipe Arena now OPEN!!!

Post by Joccaren on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:06 pm

Yep, so you ended up finishing it eh Selector?

I'll post a short description of the arena:

The Snipe arena is an arena created by Joccaren & SelectorOfSouls, and I believe Scope helped in the end, though I had to go to work so I'm not really sure atm.
It was inspired by a skeleton attacking me whilst I was in my reed farm, and is a maze of reeds and rivers, lakes and walls. It is hard to see other people, so a keen eye is a must. Throughout the forest of reed, there are rivers that can be crossed and walls of glass that will block your path.
Just a short walk from Karena, it is a must do for anyone with a passion for hunting, as it recreates that feel perfectly. Track your foe through the tall reeds, and take them down with your bow only.

A few tips for those not in the know:
1. Sneaking works wonders. It hides your name; the main thing that allows you to be seen, and I believe somewhat quietens the noise made by you walking.
2. There are certain angles at which you can look at the reeds, and see mostly though them. Just beware of glass.
3. Top down views barely help, and give your position away. Be careful with jumping.
4. I had one other but I have forgotten it, so see you all on the field.

Anyways, I may hold a competition sometime soon for all wanting to participate. The prize will be 1 diamond block, so bring your skills. Have fun!
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by SelectorOfSouls on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:25 pm

Joccaren wrote:A few tips for those not in the know:
1. Sneaking works wonders. It hides your name; the main thing that allows you to be seen, and I believe somewhat quietens the noise made by you walking.
2. There are certain angles at which you can look at the reeds, and see mostly though them. Just beware of glass.
3. Top down views barely help, and give your position away. Be careful with jumping.
4. I had one other but I have forgotten it, so see you all on the field.
Protip: Sneaking is only good near the walls of the map. In the center, it will make you walk slower and make it harder to dodge.
Also, the entire floor of the arena has glowstone beneath the water so you can assure no mobs will spawn in there. If you find a spot of water with glowstone NOT under it, please let me know immediately.

SelectorOfSouls
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleOintmentXD on Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Would we have to bring our own arrows?

Or are arrows secretly hidden around the map, sorta like an FPS game? same thing with food?
BubbleOintmentXD
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicxs2 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:43 pm

BubbleOintmentXD wrote:Would we have to bring our own arrows?

Or are arrows secretly hidden around the map, sorta like an FPS game? same thing with food?

well, he awnswered your first question in the post. and for the second one, loot the dead bodies
sonicxs2
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:11 pm

Hrrm. You bring your own normally, however I could arrange matches with search parameters. Interesting idea.

Also, another Pro-tip: Camoflague skins are awesome (Ask Cappy and his creeper skin) and do not try to spam arrows, 1.8 won't let you. You have to at least somewhat charge them.
Joccaren
Regular

Location : Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Orion Spur, The Milkyway Galaxy, the Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Virgo-Hydra-Centaurus Suplercluster, The Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex, The Observable Universe, The Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by SelectorOfSouls on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:12 pm

Just did this with Joccaren and Capsnip for the last few hours. It's a lot of fun. Very intense. Have yet to have a 4 man FFA though. Perhaps we'll hold a tournament near middle of the month. That way everyone has time to "get to know the map"

Also, if anyone feels like donating, I need 2 double-chests of cobble and 2 double-chests of glass or sand+coal. Leave chests outside arena and private them with my and joccaren's name and one of us will use the chest's materials to build a better roof so you all can watch the matches.

SelectorOfSouls
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicxs2 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:23 pm

:D this looks really fun i might drop off a few stacks of glass or tons of cobble when i get the chance, i also might drop off some arrows for something along Joc's idea

EDIT: dropped off some random stuff, mostly cobble, I dont know what your ign is selector, but i put joc's name on it
sonicxs2
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Joccaren on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:07 am

Selectors IGN is the same as his forum one, I'll fix the chests up now.
Edit: Forgot, I can't fix the chests, you privated them :P
Oh well, time to play more sniping.
Joccaren
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum